Spice up your meal prep!
Makes 4-5 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 600ml chicken stock
- 4 chorizo sausages, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add chorizo sausages. Cook until brown on all sides. Transfer into bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil to pan. Add onion. Fry for 4-5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and yellow pepper. Fry for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and paprika. Stir and leave to cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle rice over pan. Add chicken stock. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir once and leave for a further 15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and chorizo. Stir.
- Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze juice from half the lemon.
- Enjoy! Or let cool and divide into containers for later.