Let’s revisit a classic old school bodybuilding dish… with a flavoursome twist.
Source: Jonathan Delaire @crossfitcook
Ingredients (for 1 portion – multiply for desired no. of portions):
- 1 Red onion
- 150/200g chicken breast
- 70-100 grams brown rice
- 1 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 broccoli
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
- Truffle oil
- Heat skillet on medium heat with some coconut oil.
- Boil water in a pot. Once boiling, add brown rice.
- Chop red onion into small pieces.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add onions to the skillet.
- Cut the chicken breast in small thumb-sized pieces, add them to the skillet when the onions are brown.
- Cut the broccoli in thumb-sized pieces. When the chicken is almost cooked, add in the soy sauce, stir and then add the broccoli and set the skillet to low heat.
- When the rice is cooked, rinse and add to the skillet. Switch the skillet to medium heat and stir until all the liquid is gone.
- Once ready, set aside to cool and portion into containers.
- Season with pepper and truffle oil before eating and voila!