Warm up with this hearty lentil soup. Make a big batch and freeze the leftovers for the days you're short on time.
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled & chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup lentils of your choice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chop all ingredients.
- Heat pot over stovetop. Add olive oil.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, lentils, tomatoes, thyme, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour broth over. Stir.
- Cook for 35 minutes.
- Enjoy now or save for your meal prep! Recommendation: Keep refrigerated and eat within 4 days or freeze leftovers.