Perfect for some tasty, fresh post-workout carbs.
Servings: 3-5 | Cooking time: 1 hour
- 2 ½ cup pearl barley
- 1–15oz can corn
- 2 cucumber
- 2 ½ cup brown rice
- 10 cherry tomato
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 pinches coriander
- Olives (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring 2 ½ cup pearl barley and 6 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; cook, covered, until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Once cool, divide and add to containers.
- In a separate saucepan, bring 2 ½ cup brown rice to 5 cups water to a boil.
- Once water is fully absorbed, remove rice from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Once cool, divide and add rice to containers. Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Drain corn. Slice cucumber, olives and cherry tomato. Divide and add to containers.
- Garnish with spring onion, salt, pepper and coriander.