Turmeric rice ingredients:
1/2 small brown onion, diced
3 whole garlic cloves
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups of basmati rice
3 cups vegetable stock
1 Tbsp. Butter
Bean and pumpkin mix ingredients:
600g raw peeled pumpkin, chopped
1 Tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp paprika
600g mixed beans (chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans), drained
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 356F / 180C.
- Place chopped pumpkin onto baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle curry powder, dried rosemary and paprika.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Whilst pumpkin is baking, melt butter in a pot for approximately 1 minute. Add garlic, turmeric, all-purpose seasoning and onion.
- Once onions are cooked, add basmati rice to the pan and stir.
- Add vegetable stock and mix. Add lid to the pot and boil for 10 minutes. Once ready, fluff rice with a fork.
- In a separate pan, fry mixed beans for 4-5. Add pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once bean mix, rice and pumpkin has cooled. Portion into Tupperware containers.